A vibrant tech center of innovation
The city of Cagliari and its surroundings is currently an autonomous and fertile ground for ICT and New Media companies.
Birthplace of Crs4, Video On Line (the first internet provider in Italy, founded here in 1993) and lately Tiscali.
Among the achievements:
- first webmail in the world
- first newspaper published online in Europe
- first ISP in Italy (Video On Line)
- first Italian website (www.crs4.it)
In Sardinia there is also a high standing scientific park such as CRS4, 2 university incubators, the Contamination Lab of the University of Cagliari and several Fablabs. Moreover, Sardinia also has a long artisan tradition that started centuries ago which plays an important role in the ecosystem.
The district of Cagliari: state of the art
- 1st ranked in Italy for innovative startups with turnover exceeding €2M
- 4th ranked in Italy for innovative startups per capita
- 5th ranked for software development innovative startups